Re: Issue with -00 cut-off

--On onsdag, juni 11, 2003 09:42:36 -0700 Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com> wrote:

What about giving WG chairs carte blanche to override the -00 cutoff?
That way the WG chairs have the discretion needed and the secretariat
doesn't need to have all the context for special cases.  Presumably
we can trust the WG chairs to not abuse this power, since the spirit
of the -00 rule is good for everybody.
The -00 in WG docs already requires the chair's signoff, I think.
This means having to invoke the chair during the busy week.

Thinking aloud, and not having discussed this with the secretariat yet:

Is it OK if, in order to simplify procedures for the secretariat, we say that -00 requests in "late week" have to be WG documents, and come in email FROM the chairs?

Harald