Re: Issue with -00 cut-off

> What about giving WG chairs carte blanche to override the -00 cutoff?
> That way the WG chairs have the discretion needed and the secretariat
> doesn't need to have all the context for special cases.  Presumably
> we can trust the WG chairs to not abuse this power, since the spirit
> of the -00 rule is good for everybody.

As I understand it one the main reasons for the different cutoff for -00
was that it takes some time to get WG -00 documents ok'ed by the co-chairs.

A straw-man to run by the secretariat: if we require that the WG chairs
in advance post a list of pre-approved WG -00 document names (requires
exact match) to internet-drafts@ietf.org, could they apply the later cutoff
date for those documents.

  Erik