RE: Evaluation: draft-ietf-snmpv3-coex-v2 - Coexistence between Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3 of the Internet-standard Network Man agement Framework to BCP

Russ, I will still go along with the RFC-Editor note if that clears
your discuss. However.... checking in yet more detail (while trying
to writeup the explicit RFC-Editor instructions), then I think
what you want me to state is:

OLD:
   -      The snmpCommunityTable allows creation and deletion of
          community strings, which is potentially a serious security
          hole.  Access to this table should be greatly restricted,
          preferably by only allowing write access using SNMPv3 VACM and
          USM, with authentication and privacy.
NEW:
   -      The snmpCommunityTable allows creation and deletion of
          community strings, which is potentially a serious security
          hole.  Access to this table should be greatly restricted,
          preferably by only allowing write access using SNMPv3 VACM and
          USM, with authentication and privacy (also known as
          confidentiality).

However... if you look at section 8 in more detail, you will see that
2nd para also talks about "privacy". Also the one but last para in that
section talks about "privacy".
Now, those 2 paragraphs are from the MIB security boilerplate/guidelines
that we composed (in co-operation with Steve and Jeff and some IAB
security folk as well) earlier this year (January). We have passed
quite a few documents with that text by now, even some at full STD now.

So... do you really want to stick to the requested change, and if so,
would more text need to be changed, and would my guidelines/boilerplate
need to be changed as well?

Thanks,
Bert