Re: sketchy laugh test: device discovery BOF

> So I'm a little unclear where the boundary between device discovery and
> service discovery lies.

Depends on who you ask. :-)

> Maybe because I haven't read 802.1ab.

I don't get the sense from this community that this is about service
discovery. They keep saying "for management purposes". But to be
honest, I don't have a satisfactory sense on the "problem statement".

I'm going to go forward with this under the caveat that the purpose is
really information exchange (with IEEE saying what they are doing) and
trying to better understand the problem itself. I'm not expecting the
immediate next step to be a WG. The group seemed to be fine with
couching the BOF this way.

Thomas