Also: Re: Open IAB meeting during IETF 57 working sessions

*If* we are moving forward with this as a standard IETF meeting,
my read (and understanding that this means some IAB folk won't
be able to participate because of other obligations), my
read of our current options is:

Monday:  (as currently scheduled)
1500-1530 Break (Refreshments provided) - 1530-1730 Afternoon Sessions II
APP    simple     SIP for Instant Mess. and Pres. Lever Extensions WG
INT    eap     Extensible Authentication Protocol WG
INT    ip-dvb     IP over MPEG-2/DVB Transport BOF
OPS     dnsop    Domain Name Server Operations WG
TSV     nsis     Next Steps in Signaling WG
TSV    rmt     Reliable Multicast Transport WG

Friday:
0900-1130 Morning Sessions INT dna Detecting Network Attachment BOF
OPS capwap Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points BOF
TSV tsvwg Transport Area Working Group

If, by some miracle, an 8th room was available, other
slots to consider (again, focusing on finding least-bad):

Monday:
0900-1130 Morning Sessions APP apparea Applications Open Area Meeting INT send Securing Neighbor Discovery WG
INT mip4 Mobility for IPv4 BOF
OPS netconf Network Configuration WG
RTG rpsec Routing Protocol Security Requirements WG
TSV avt Audio/Video Transport WG
TSV rserpool Reliable Server Pooling WG
Wednesday:
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I
GEN     edu      Education BOF
INT     nemo     Network Mobility WG
IRTG    gsec     Security Research Group
OPS	aaa	 Authentication, Authorization and Accounting WG
SUB	ppvpn	 Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks WG
TSV     dccp     Datagram Congestion Control Protocol WG
TSV	ieprep	 Internet Emergency Preparedness WG
Thursday:
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I
APP     trade    Internet Open Trading Protocol WG
INT     atommib  AToM MIB WG
INT     eap      Extensible Authentication Protocol WG
OPS	opsec	 Operational Security Requirements BOF
SUB	ppvpn	 Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks WG
TSV	pmtud	 Path Maximum Transmission Unit Discovery PWG
TSV     sipping  Session Initiation Proposal Investigation WG

1530-1730 Afternoon Sessions II
APP lemonade License to Enhance Messaging Oriented Network Access for Diverse Endpoints WG
INT ddbof Device Discovery BOF
OPS ispmon Monitoring Infrastructure Deployment BOF
SEC saag Open Security Area Directorate
TSV rddp Remote Direct Data Placement WG
TSV seamoby Context Transfer, Handoff Candidate Discovery, and
Dormant Mode Host Alerting WG

Leslie.

Leslie Daigle wrote:

I think we need to take the step back and choose whether we're

a/ holding a not-high-key working meeting during the regular
meeting agenda, in which case we have to recognize we are going to collide with relevant things; we (like every
WG/BoF) need to find the least-bad slot and recognize that
we are going to miss people in the community (including
IAB folk).

b/ clearing the schedule to ensure that anyone who wants to
come, can come -- currently implementable (only) by carving off part of the plenary timeslot.
Personally, I would prefer that we manage to do this as "a/"; I think it is important to do this work as part of the flow of IETF work, and I think it is important that not
everything the IAB does is held apart as if it is special and rarefied. I believe we can do that if we recognize that the meeting
is one opportunity to collect data, and that we need to reproduce that data in a way that will be intelligible
to people not able to attend the meeting (duh; we should
do that anyway) as well as providing a means for further
input after the meeting. Like other IETF activities (WGs
and BoFs).

If that seems reasonable, then which is the least bad slot,
given that absolutely none of them are good? Leslie.

Bernard Aboba wrote:

Question: could an abbreviated version of this conversation take place at the during the IAB plenary?

"Reality:
Yours to discover."
-- ThinkingCat
Leslie Daigle