Re: Comment: draft-ietf-manet-olsr-10.txt

[Left out the Section #]

The analysis of congestion avoidance is light.  While it's good that
only the MPR  in each single-hop cluster floods, that is still quite a
large number of flooding nodes in the dense nets described.  But this
is an Experimental, so it seems acceptable to let it go forward.

That said, I have a suggestion to improve the impact when OLSR shares the
net with other traffic.  Synchronization prevention is only a MAY because
it is viewed as a nuisance for the protocol, but not viewed as a concern
for surrounding traffic.  However, waves of synchronized routing flood and
forwarding are problems for coexisting TCP traffic on a net, so I suggest
that the jittering in be upgraded from a MAY to a SHOULD or even a MUST.
                     ^Section 3.5
Allison

------- End of Forwarded Message