Re: Glassey and Marshall's "kicking people off lists"proposal

Ok
john

--On Saturday, 28 June, 2003 11:20 -0700 Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:

John,

I don't want to.....

1) the WG chairs have not yet said that his recent spate of
messages is objectionable. I want to be very sure they are.

2) when I get that request, I want to kick him off the list
for a limited time. The way the Marshall document is written,
that's more or less a precondition for invoking the process.

3) The Marshall document would require blocking him from the
IETF list, and would allow him to be removed from poised, pkix
and all his other stomping grounds without further process. I
don't want to invoke that without a VERY clear statement that
"we can do this".

In summary: First kick him off, AND approve the document. Then
see what happens.

                Harald

--On 27. juni 2003 14:46 -0400 John C Klensin <john@jck.com>