Re: Bad title change on document in the 48-hour queue

Harald,

Thanks very much for the input...and we will add DES to our list of well known acronyms.

Joyce

At 04:48 AM 7/3/2003 +0200, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

--On tirsdag, juli 01, 2003 10:17:25 -0700 Bob Braden <braden@ISI.EDU> wrote:

  *> This makes it look like "Triple-Data Encryption Standard" means
  *> "DES". The original title of the Internet Draft used "Triple-DES",
  *> which is completely understood in the security world.

Paul,

RFCs, or at least the titles of RFCs, are read by many people who are
NOT in the security world.  In any case, we always welcome input on
improving the clarity of titles.
In this case, I think Paul's right. More people know what DES means than the number of people who realize that "Data Encryption Standard" is actually a name for a specific algorithm.

I suggest adding DES to your list of well known acronyms.

Harald