From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand [mailto:harald@alvestrand.no]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 7:44 PM
To: Peterson, Jon; 'iesg@ietf.org'
Subject: Re: Informationals to Historic?

--On tirsdag, juli 01, 2003 16:06:11 -0500 "Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz> wrote:

Do we ever move Informational documents to Historic status, when the
practices they describe are no longer meaningful or valid?
Or is Historic

reserved for actual standards?
in the cases we've done it, it's been because what they describe isn't just no longer meaningful, it's toxic.

I don't see much reason to waste cycles on doing so.

Harald