RE: Informationals to Historic?

--On fredag, juli 04, 2003 13:06:27 -0500 "Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz> wrote:

What do you think about RFC1480? Toxic or merely irrelevant?

Irrelevant, because overtaken by events; the current .US administration should be welcome to publish an Info update obsoleting it if they want to, but the IETF is not the right body to take the initiative.

Much like the HTML RFC (2854) that obsoletes a huge raft of older IETF HTML standards; it just says "control no longer resides here".

My USD 0.02 (currency seems appropriate in this context).

(btw, if introduced from Neustar, having the doc author not be on the IESG will make the thing generally flow smoother, I think...)

Harald