Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-dnsext-gss-tsig-06.txt

> Hopefully quick to resolve.  As I recall, there were versions
> of Microsoft's win2k software out there which did not follow this
> draft and which were not going to be updated.  Did they use
> this algorithm identifier?  That is, are we going to see two different
> kinds of behavior associated with that algorithm identifier, depending
> on the age of implementation?

I don't recall any such discussion in the WG.
The draft was written closely to the Windows implementation and
was not considered for PS for a while because it was unclear
whether it was possible to get interoperability from the spec.
Then folks at Lucent did an implementation from the spec and it
interoperated with the Microsoft implementation so the WG decided
to put this forth as PS.

   Erik