Re: impact of recent cisco vulnerability

>> 	because of recent cisco vulnerability, many ISPs installed filters
>> 	that would drop mobile-ip4 (ip protocol type 55), both inbound and
>> 	outbound at EBGP routers, as a countermeasure until they upgrade all
>> 	of the cisco routers they have.  it would seriously impact the
>> 	deployment/use of mobile-ip4.
>Weird. The problem is, as far as I understand, only traffic _to_ the=20
>router, not _through_.

	they are installing:
	- inbound filter at EBGP routers to protect cisco equipments within
	  the ISP (until they upgrade all cisco equipments within the ISP,
	  or install filter on all cisco equipments within the ISP)
	- outbound filter at EBGP routers to avoid sending attack packet
	  to other ISPs

itojun