Re: What do we want to achieve from reorganizing our functions?

At Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:45:59 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:

> >   - Separating document review from WG management, so that both
> >     roles can be strengthened
>
> could you expand on the difference between these two?  in theory,
> the only classic management we do is hire and fire of chairs.

wg chairs are responsible for managing the workflow that produces
documents in their wgs.  wg chairs sometimes need help, consultation,
guidance, backing.  providing these things to wg chairs is a
management task for the responsible ad, yes?