Re: What do we want to achieve from reorganizing our functions?

Randy,

> > There might need to be more formal delegation - not "acting in
> > concert", which sounds very informal, but delegation down...
> > hierarchy.
>
> 'cept the authority does not come down from the top of a
> hierarchy.

The approval authority resides in IESG now, the creation of WGs
authority resides there now.  Delegation of those would be downward after
granting, that's what I meant.  I agree that the granting of the authority to
approve documents and create working groups derives from the grass roots
of our organization, and is not whole and complete, but to the extent it
is exercised and we wish for it to be spread around for more scaling,
this could be described as a delegation downward after it has been granted.

You could change the structure.  But let's acknowledge the structure and
ask if the IETF really sees a change in this structure as needed to achieve,
based on the problems being targeted.

Allison