RE: What do we want to achieve from reorganizing our functions?

>     You can quickly grasp the important difference between the two
>     (management and leadership) if you envision a group of
>     producers cutting their way through the jungle with machetes.
>     They're the producers, the problem solvers.  They're cutting
>     through the undergrowth, clearing it out.  The managers are
>     behind them, sharpening their machetes, writing policy and
>     procedure manuals, holding muscle development programs,
>     bringing in improved technologies and setting up working
>     schedules and compensation programs for machete wielders.
>
>     The leader is the one who climbs the tallest tree, surveys the
>     entire situation, and yells, 'Wrong Jungle!'

So I wonder where we (with IESG and IETF) are? Are we indeed in the
"Wrong Jungle" (is it that bad), or are we just moving deeper into
the jungle as opposed to out of it?

>     But how do the busy, efficient producers and managers often
>     respond?  'Shut up!  We're making progress.'"

I must admit that I have felt like the latter during the whole
debate since Yokohama. And I suspect we have more of those on
the IESG.

So is our leader calling is to help decide if we need to move to
another jungle and if so (maybe our leader(s) have already decided)
then into which one?

Bert