Re: Changing the deadline for ballot submissions before telechats

In message <394414768.1059468305@localhost>, Harald Tveit Alvestrand writes:
>Folks,
>
>Barbara says that the secretariat has a very hectic time preparing for the
>telechats on Thursday morning.
>
>She suggest that if we move the deadline to Wednesday at 16:00, this would
>reduce the stress level significantly.
>So - do people think that moving the deadline for pre-telechat
>position-making to 16:00 Wednesday would cause problems for them?
>
>This is, of course, just about the current system of emailed positions -
>when we get the web interface to balloting operational, the workload of
>recording positions will be *significantly* lower, so we can discuss the
>issue again.

Hmm -- it would be a change to my style, since I typically do a lot of
my reading Wednesday night, in an effort to ensure that I do have
virtually all of my ballots in before the telechat.  More precisely,
it's an effort to be sure I've read everything by then, and once I've
read it I want to record my opinion immediately.  But as Bert noted, I
have to email in any DISCUSS comments anyway; it doesn't matter much to
me if I have to repeat my vote verbally.

But if it makes life easier for the Secretariat, sure -- I'll make
Tuesday my reading night...