Incoming!

------- Forwarded Message

To: "todd glassey" <todd.glassey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: RFC2026 and the terms fair and open
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:01:09 -0400
From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com>

In message <252c01c35608$843811a0$020aff0a@tsg1>, "todd glassey" writes:
>ftp://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-glassey-fairopen2026-00.txt.
>
>My "fair and open" term analysis for RFC2026 is published. I intend to take
>this through RFC status so any response commentary no matter from who would
>be appreciated.

Please note the procedures described in Section 4.2.3 of 2026.

More generally -- the usual procedure is several rounds of revision as
an I-D, with changes made in response to feedback from the community.
When you think it's ready to go, you ask the RFC Editor to publish it;
the RFC Editor will in turn ask the IESG's opinion.  The RFC Editor may
opt to publish without IESG consent, but that's rare; note also the
provision for a disclaimer in 2026.

------- End of Forwarded Message