Re: Appel due to management of the "site-local issue"

Thomas Narten wrote:

To be clear, are you filing a formal appeal? If so, you need to be
very clear about which action you are appealing, on what grounds, what
the remedy should be, and so forth. Also, per 2026, the first place to
start with an appeal is the chairs. Only if you are not satisfied with
their response would you go to the next level.

I am filing a formal appeal and I hope that both the grounds for the appeal,
the actions appealed and the remedy were clear from my email. If not I
appologize.

I gather then that you believe that there is already consensus for
Bob's "choice A", and that even offering choice B (and C) is
inappropriate.

Correct. The choices B and C actually imply that site-locals will be used which
in no way can be construed as "deprecating" site-locals. Given the complexity
of the issues and the time ipv6-wg has spent to date it is not entierly clear that B
and C imply anything other than full deployment of site-locals on the Internet
for the forseeable future.

In anycase, clarification would be helpful.

I am new to the appeals process. Could you please tell me what in my original
message needed clarification. Thanks!

Thomas

      Cheers Leif