Re: Appel due to management of the "site-local issue"

Leif,

You didn't address this to me, but I feel obligated to answer.

The questions I have asked the working group in the email "Moving forward on Site-Local and Local Addressing" was to ascertain the manner in which the working group wanted the deprecation of site-local was to happen. The steps the working group should take. This has been a topic of debate it and I thought it best to get feedback from the working group.

It was not in any way an attempt to revisit or un-deprecate site-locals. Each choices I asked people to indicate their preference for in that email included deprecating site-local addresses. I support that the working group did decide to deprecate site-local addresses, helped to declare that consensus, and I am one of the w.g. chairs who rejected the appeal on that topic to overturn the decision. The chairs are not trying to change the decision of the working group.

I think you may be misinterpreting the intent of this email. Site-Local is, as everyone can see, a contentious issue and it is my desire get clarity on the way the WG wants to move forward. Getting feed back from the working group on how it wants to do this is something I feel is essential.

Regards,
Bob