Re: apnic - second day better

> It is my understanding that it would be of no value to issue an
> attestation of an association between an entity identity and an address
> resource if the attestor (is that a word?) has no means of validating such
> a attestation.  Accordingly if the attestation is simply an assertion
> without reference to supportive documentation and records, then its of no
> useable value as far as I can tell.

guess why, at the presentation, i asked paul if they currently
actually check the paperwork for transfers of historical space to
non-members in the same way he is proposing to check the paperwork
for transfers to members.  he answered "yes."

i.e., the data for historical allocations, at least if recently
transferred, are about as good as those for members as non-members.

i did suggest to paul, privately, that historical owners doing a
transfer _might_ not mind paying a one-time fee for the paperwork
checking involved in verifying a transfer as long as they were not
incurring on-going costs, as members incur.

randy