Re: Comments: draft-ietf-forces-framework-08

Russ,

[secretariat dropped]

Let me clarify some points with you before I bring your comments
back. Inline below, please.

>    As a matter of taste, I would like to see the usual RFC 2119 text inside
>    Section 1, which is all about definitions.

What is the problem that you see with the current text?
Do you have examples of the definitions that would benefit
from the 2119 language?

>    Section 7.2 suggests the use of IPsec or TLS for security between the ForCES
>    components.  It seems that there are advantages to using a layer 2 security
>    protocol.  In particular, a protocol like SDE (IEEE 802.10b) would limit
>    participation to components attached directly to the LAN segment.

You mean for the particular case of ForCES over a LAN, correct?
I would certainly not want them to throw away IP-level mechanisms.

Alex