RE: draft-ietf-sigtran-security-03.txt

Hello Michelle,

I think we have this cleared up now.

The intention was that these message class parameters should be registered
in the following (in the first table here):

http://www.iana.org/assignments/sigtran-adapt

Unfortunately, nothing is registered there now. These registries were
defined in RFC3332, and RFC3332 even declared some values for these
parameters (see Section 3.1.2 for message class values), but the IANA
Considerations of RFC3332 did not direct IANA to pre-populate the registry
with these values.

Ultimately, I think the message class registry at the sigtran-adapt page
should be provisioned with the message class values in Section 3.1.2. Either
way, these message class values in sigtran-security are supposed to go into
that registry.

- J