Re: DRAFT Minutes from the August 21, 2003 IESG Teleconference

> Are you proposing that we change the process to always CC the WG mailing
> list on final approval of group charters and changed group charters?

Maybe I'm proposing this, maybe I'm not. :-) I think it might have
already been proposed and we might have even decided to do this. I.e,
it came up not so long ago on WG closings messages, I think.

So yes, I think this should be done. Seems a no-brainer.

> Note that this requires adding <whatever address these are sent from> to
> the list of addresses that a WG must allow to send to the WG's list - in
> these Blaster times, I'm sure many are not checking the nonsubscriber
> messages before discarding them.

Should already be the case, i.e., the posted policy already says:

> 5) Mailing lists that check the sender's address as part of the
>    determinate of what might be spam must also support a list of "known
>    email addresses" whose submissions are automatically approved
>    without human intervention. The list of "known email addresses" must
>    include at least the following addresses:
>
> 	internet-drafts@ietf.org
> 	rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org
> 	iesg-secretary@ietf.org
> 	chair@ietf.org
>
>    plus any others for which an explicit request is made (e.g., a WG
>    member who wishes to post from an address other than one that is
>    subscribed to the list).

Thomas