Re: Liaison handling (Re: IAB comments on draft-baker-liaisons-00.txt)

--On 27. august 2003 15:35 -0400 Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu> wrote:

the current "statements@ietf.org" mechanism cannot. Scott, can you
confirm  that?

yes but

yes - I think it would help to have this process

but - there is one other thing that I think would help and that is to
more clearly clearly define who is responsible at an orginizational
level in the IETF to ensure an answer happens when an answer should
happen.

during the IESG discussion on this general topic it was suggested that the
person with organizational responsibility should be the person designated
by the IAB as the liaison to the organization that sent a particular
statement - this makes sense to me

that was what the IESG concluded when discussing this matter in San Francisco, too.

I did bring the idea up when we were developing this document but
did not push it as much maybe I should have

and needs to be able to delegate the responsibility, but should have a requirement to know what happened to it.