Re: Test message to the IESG list

BTW, the email to IESG list admins is delayed even worse.
Here's a sample message that I just received, asking to approve
a message from Sunday:

message <20030831151901.9738.15834.Mailman@www1.ietf.org>
1d 22h 41m 14s end to end
          0s MUA -> optimus.ietf.org
      2m 22s optimus.ietf.org -> ietf-mx
1d 13h 35m 22s ietf-mx -> ietf-mx
         -3s ietf-mx -> ietf.org
          8s ietf.org -> optimus.ietf.org
  2h 26m 21s optimus.ietf.org -> optimus.ietf.org
  5h 42m 53s optimus.ietf.org -> mail-red.research.att.com
     55m 11s mail-red.research.att.com -> janus
     -3m 58s janus -> mail-green.research.att.com
          0s mail-green.research.att.com -> mail-green.research.att.com
          0s mail-green.research.att.com -> mail-green.research.att.com
      2m 58s mail-green.research.att.com -> unixmail.research.att.com

This one spent over a day and a half on ietf-mx, then around 8 more
hours on optimus.  (Only 2.5 hours in the optimus->optimus step,
which I assume is the mailing list expansion, but then another 6
hours trying to deliver it.  I haven't experienced similar delays
in incoming mail from other sources, so I assume that this delay
is also on optimus's side.)

  Bill