Re: For your feedback: EDU team charter

>>> The education team manages the internal education efforts of
>>> the IETF, primarily focused on role and process education for
>>> IETF participants and leaders.
>> does the iesg review _team_ charters, whatever teams are?  i.e.,
>> this seems to create a new organizational structure.  if so,
>> perhaps this should be done with some deliberation, perhaps even
>> _open_ deliberation.
> Yes, and this mail is the first shot in that deliberation process.

fine.  so how do we plan to work with the ietf community to get
consensus on a new structure form, "teams?"  and will not the time
it takes to get community consensus on this be a bit more delay
than we might like in getting some traction behind the educational
work?

> The proposed charter is also going out to the edu-discuss mailing
> list that is described in the charter, which has some 50 members
> (and no traffic); I think we should also announce the charter on
> ietf-announce before approving it - but that's an IESG decision
> to make.

we should be careful not to hide a new organizational form behind
what might seem, on the surface, to be a wg charter.  if we intend
to put our openness where our mouths are, we should be very clear
that we are proposing a new class of animal and that this is the
first case thereof.

randy