Re: The RFC2418 appellant processes

todd glassey wrote:
>> [...]
> Do your sponsors know that you use their services  (and their dime) to
> produce commentary like
> this?

> > [...]
> hey - I forwarded your commentary to a friend in the Provost's office at
> Harvard, and they may have a formal response for you as well.
> [...]

Well, these types of threats (or would-be-threats, had they had any substance in
them), say everything one needs to know about the quality of ideas
(specifically, the ones concerning the IETF process, as this is the only matter
relevant to this list) of whoever had issued them.

As I said before, I am leaving this thread, and I will automatically delete any
message that comes to it without reading it.

Harald, I only register my sad observation that the POISSON list, which had had
so many interesting and useful--however heated--discussions in the past seven
years in which I had followed it, has turned into a venue for abusive and
meaningless attacks that create an avalanche of follow-up e-mail.

I apologize for contributing to this avalanche. Never again!

But I wonder how many people have unsubscribed from POISSON after reading
exchanges like that. I am considering doing just that, although I still believe
that it has a useful and important function, and that some day an important
conversation may arise, and I would not want to miss it.

The only remedy, I think, is in application of certain well spelled out criteria
for eliminating the abusive and irrelevant postings to IETF lists.  I remember
they had been applied before with good result.

I hope that whoever administers the POISSON list will to do something about that
and do it soon.

Igor