Re: Discuss comments on draft-ietf-pkix-logotypes

I would feel more comfortable with this specification if the security consideration sections said that the client MUST NOT display any logo information, unless the certificate has been validated with the CA.

In that case, I agree that the CA should be trusted to
associate the right logo information (for some definition)
with the certificate.

But, displaying logos for unvalidated certificates along
with a warning message only seems like a good way to distract
users from taking the warning seriously.

Margaret