Re: Fwd: NomCom Volunteer List

At Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:02:00 -0400, Michael StJohns wrote:

> What you have to remember is that the RFC documents the process, but is not
> the process.  The nomcom WG basically settled the process many many moons
> ago - we're just twiddling over the administrivia of getting the words out.

some people think that some of the iesg issues are substantive.  ymmv.

> And I will note that the IESG should have been commenting on this all
> along  ... and has... this is a second bite of the apple.

mike, -every- wg in the ietf thinks that its documents are so flipping
important that the whole iesg should attend all of its wg meetings,
participate on its mailing list, and resolve all issues as wg
participants so that the formal iesg approval can be a steamroller.
does not scale, known problem, already working on it.

with all due respect, i see nothing new or unusual here.