Re: Proposal from mstjohns: Pre-approval of RFC 2727bis

So far, we have:

- Ted suggesting that we tell the nomcom to enforce the new rules on selection only. With Thomas suggesting that going halfway is process-maniac bait.
- Thomas suggesting we should lift the discusses and approve the document today, and then get it fixed (either after approval but before publication, or in a new revision cycle). I am uncertain about the procedural goodness of making substantial changes to a document after approval.
- Leslie suggesting that the "rules to follow" need to be posted in a non-expiring place. That's relatively easy to do.
- Fred (representing the ISOC board) saying that he personally thinks using the new rules is the Right Thing.
- Nobody saying NO to the proposal I put forward.

and we still have to resolve this today (Thursday) if Rich is to change his procedure.

I feel that I have to hear from Lynn saying that she thinks it's possible to do so. But I still think that an extraordinary instruction to the nomcom chair, and regular approval of the document after fixing, may be the best thing for the IETF.

I have a scheduled call with Lynn later today. I'll discuss it with her then.

Harald