RE: A concept resurrected(?) - WG secretary?

One advantage of the current system is that we can select
persons who are there and who are not presenting too much
themselves. If we'd have to pick a notes taker for the
next five meetings, the chances are that he or she would
have a conflict in one of the slots, that we'd pick someone
who turns out to be holding a lot of WG presentations, etc.

(But in the current system I prefer picking the notes takers
myself, and slightly in advance of the real start of the meeting.
This way we don't waste time, and we get the best notes takers -
on a private conversation you can do more arm twisting than at
a public meeting.)

Anyway, taking good notes is really hard. It is somewhat
easier if the discussion is very structured (issue nnn =>
decision), but this not always the case.

--Jari