RE: A concept resurrected(?) - WG secretary?

Ok, I have seen some of the discussions on this... Now we are a
technology based organization...

How large would the files be to store voice quality audio of the
meetings (so we meet for about 180 hours a year * about 10 WG per hour
or 1800 hours of audio a year  -- how much space exists on the hard
drives at www.ietf.org ???  Can we make useful usable voice recordings
for posterity ?

The other interesting question is quality of notes - it might be worth a
word by word blow by blow notes with an overview/summary by the WG
chairs.  That said there are transcription services that can turn audio
into a typed file (heck some of us can do it on the cheap - but I am
assuming we value our time at X and we can find some service to do it
for X/4) I am not suggesting that the IETF pay for this at this time -
but if someone told me I could spend 20 bucks to turn an hour of mp3
that I capture at the meeting into blow by blow notes, I'd be tempted to
pay the cash out of my pocket, and produce a summary myself

Bill