Re: A concept resurrected(?) - WG secretary?

That's a really good point.  My complaints with my WG's
minutes usually happened sometime after the fact -- when
I was trying to back up a point later on the mailing
list, but couldn't reference anything solid in the meeting
minutes :-) (even though I had my mental version of what
had been relevant).

Perhaps a few key things:

	. define the value of minutes in terms of "whatever
	  happened..." and write that in WG procedures

	. make it clear that the community needs and wants
	  these things, most often with some latency from the
	  meeting itself

. have someone who wasn't at the meeting review the
early draft of the minutes to see what they communicate without context

Leslie.

john.loughney@nokia.com wrote:
Hi Leslie,

So -- if you had to live with the fact that "whatever happened
in the room, it doesn't count if it isn't in the minutes", what
problems do you have to creating such minutes, and how can
we solve them?

The minutes of my WG are not stellar by any stretch of the
word.  However, noone has ever complained.  I don't think
that is a good thing, though.  It might be helpful if my
AD would repremand me when the minutes are inadequate.  It
would be good for folks on the mailing list to complain
if they cannot make heads or tails of the minutes.  If these
types of things do not happen, then its easy to see
why WG chairs just go with the flow.

John

"Reality:
    Yours to discover."