From: David Meyer [mailto:dmm@1-4-5.net]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 11:43 AM
To: wgchairs@ietf.org
Subject: Re: A concept resurrected(?) - WG secretary?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:30:05PM +0300, john.loughney@nokia.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A stupid question, perhaps, but if one picks a secretary or note
>> taker based upon clue, why should that person not receive some
>> credit for it?

	Uh, please stop using the term "clue". It is a derogatory
	and serves no purpose other than to maintain some kind of
	class system (and I'm reasonably sure that none of us
	really wants that). There is enough "real" negative stuff
	going on, and surely there are any number of positive
	ways to refer to the people who might make the best note
	takers.

	Dave

	[Meta note: This isn't in direct reference to John's
	note above, but rather something for all of us to think
	about. We're in a leadership role here, and we as a
	community need to step up.]