Re: A request to publish draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05.txt as an Informational RFC

  *>
  *> Hi Pekka.
  *>
  *> I'm a bit puzzled by this request. As you of course know, there is the
  *> hip bof planned for Minneapolis. Given that this document would be in
  *> scope for that BOF, I don't see the rush to get it published (and why
  *> info rather than experimental, as the charter suggested?)
  *>
  *> Also, if there is a WG formed, then going directly to the RFC editor
  *> for publication isn't necessary either. Just do the normal WG thing.
  *>
  *> What is the urgency here, _especially_ given that you expect more
  *> review comments coming in?
  *>
  *> Thomas
  *>

Thomas,

The RFC Editor believes very strongly that it is useful to publish
this relatively stable point in the HIP development, regardless of
subsequent developments.  Too many significant ideas in the Internet
fall into oblivion because there will always be a LATER version.

Put it another way, what HARM do you see in publishing it now?

Bob Braden for the RFC Editor