Re: A request to publish draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05.txt as an Informational RFC

Hi Bob.

> The RFC Editor believes very strongly that it is useful to publish
> this relatively stable point in the HIP development, regardless of
> subsequent developments.  Too many significant ideas in the Internet
> fall into oblivion because there will always be a LATER version.

If I thought this document was in danger of falling into oblivion, I'd
agree. But that hardly seems the case here.  The BOF is a positive
step in getting the HIP work documented and more complete. And the BOF
is only two weeks away.

> Put it another way, what HARM do you see in publishing it now?

Probably none. I guess I'm just a bit surprised at the apparent
urgency that is being implied here, given what is in the works.

Thomas