Re: vrrp and IPR

--On 30. oktober 2003 23:28 -0800 Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com> wrote:

Harald, et al

Wednesday, October 29, 2003, 6:11:10 PM, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
OK, I'll mark a DISCUSS on that basis. Ouch.

I talked to Scott today. In short, he believes the IESG should not require explicit statements about patent licensing for VRRP.

Scott's got a point.
I believe we'd be better covered if the Last Call had included an explicit notice that IPR exists - but the IPR issue with VRRP is extremely well known in the community. And I did not see an objection.

I'll drop my DISCUSS on that basis (and add a comment to the log).

Harald