Re: HIP BOF Review

One of the more interseting things I heard during the BOF was Boeing's
presentation on how they want to "experiment" with this. Sounded a lot
like they thought it solved a bunch of their problems and they were
eager to get it deployed. A reality check might be in order, but
following up might also be interesting...

> People who were in HIP will know that Steve Kent wasn't in favor of
> HIP. Steve cornered me in the hallway to point out that randomly
> generated identities aren't very useful for things like access
> control configuration and so you will neeed to do a lot of mapping
> back and forth, which is of course very inconvenient. You want
> to express policy using either DNS names or IP addresses.

One of the things I thought I heard mentioned in the Boeing pitch that
HIP was going to be used for was access control..

Thomas