Re: How to use a microphone

On Nov 13, 2003, at 7:29 AM, bill wrote:

One thing I try to do is get together with presenters before the WG
session. I try to convince them to give me their slides... Two reasons
1) I have all of the presentations to send to the secretariat after the
meeting
2) I only have to get my laptop setup to work with the AV equipment - so
there are no suprises, and little wasted time during the meeting

Easy to do with only 3-4 presenters that I have - I could see it being
much harder with 10 presenters (or people that work on the slides during
the meeting before their presentation)

The PWE3 chairs require that all slides are provided before
the meeting in order to keep your slot (some random exceptions
allowed).  We typically use a single laptop for most of the
presentations unless slides have changed.

Not only does this allow us to save time during the meeting,
it also allows us to make the slides available publicly to
the WG members and folks that can't attend the meeting -- in
order to provide them an opportunity to comment beforehand.

It also allows the chairs to review the slides and ensure
they coincide with the slot request description, have been
discussed appropriately on the WG mailing list, and that
there's not to much fluff.  Finally, it helps ensure we get
all of the presentations ready for the WG proceedings in a
reasonable timeframe.

http://pwe3.tcb.net/meetings/ietf58 is what we used for this
meeting and was made available to the WG before the meeting.
It provides access to the agenda, drafts and slides in a single
place.  We've received a number of comments from WG participants
that they like the model we follow.

-danny