Re: Some slides for tonight

Well, the summary I came away with this AM is that it would not hurt
to show a couple of slides that attempt to preempt expected questions
about some of what was said. I.e, just make the points that

- in vienna, we got a clear sense that the IESG was being asked to
  make a proposal. last night's presentations were precisely that. If
  there is seeming urgency here, we picked that up from the mood in
  vienna.

- the slides last night were proposals, not decisions that have
  already been made. We want feedback (which is why we are having
  these plenaries). If this is the right direction, we want to start
  the (long) process of execution. If not, obviously we need to
  reassess.

- None of this will be (or is being) done without community input. The
  intention is to consult with and engage the community as much as is
  reasonably possible. But there will be times when advance
  consultation just isn't necessary (for things that are so minor we
  should "just do them") or because they involve (say) personnel
  issues that by their nature can't be made public.  If we take steps
  that "surprise" the community, we've botched it. We have no
  intention/desire  to do this.

Thomas