RE: I-D Action:draft-zorn-radius-pkmv1-03.txt

Bernard Aboba writes...

> The RADIUS design guidelines only apply to documents that are
> requesting allocation of RADIUS standard attributes.

That's not what it says.  What it actually says is:

   Given the expanded utilization of RADIUS, it has
   become apparent that requiring SDOs to accomplish all their
   RADIUS work within the IETF is inherently inefficient and
   unscalable.  By articulating guidelines for RADIUS attribute
   design, this document enables SDOs to design their own RADIUS
   attributes within the Vendor-Specific Attribute (VSA) space,
   seeking review from the IETF.

It specifically indicates that the guidelines apply to SDO-defined
attributes, and I think this was the general intent all along -- to provide
design guidance so that high-quality RADUS work could occur both within the
IETF and within other SDOs.