RE: I-D Action:draft-zorn-radius-pkmv1-03.txt

> That's not what it says. What it actually says is:
>
> Given the expanded utilization of RADIUS, it has
> become apparent that requiring SDOs to accomplish all their
> RADIUS work within the IETF is inherently inefficient and
> unscalable. By articulating guidelines for RADIUS attribute
> design, this document enables SDOs to design their own RADIUS
> attributes within the Vendor-Specific Attribute (VSA) space,
> seeking review from the IETF.
>
> It specifically indicates that the guidelines apply to SDO-defined
> attributes, and I think this was the general intent all along -- to provide
> design guidance so that high-quality RADUS work could occur both within the
> IETF and within other SDOs.

I think that this may in part explain some of Hannes' (and others) objections to the document.

Given the widely divergent interpretations of the document applicability, it would seem that we
will need to develop an applicability statement section so that the scope (and intent) of the
document is clear.