RE: IPv6

Alan DeKok [mailto:aland@deployingradius.com] writes:

>   I think the confusion here is I'm talking about real-world,
> imprecise,
> imperfect practice.  So "common use" means "95%".  And "a handful"
> means
> "8".
>
>   You're arguing from a point of perfection.

No, I'm arguing what the standards _actually_ say, while you are arguing
what you _want_ them to say.

> Because ONE attribute is
> of a unique complex type, it means that any attempt to use standard
> types is useless.

It's hardly just one, but the point is that "complex" types are as standard
as any other of those either specifically defined in RFCs or those that were
not (like 64-bit integers) of which you apparently approve.