Re: [idn] IDN eamples for testing

James Seng schrieb:
Can you elaborate? How does this break anything? They respond to
strictly erroneous requests, with erroneous responses. I can't see
how this could cause failures of other participants of the DNS.

Two wrong dont make it right. Nothing in RFC 1034 & 1035 mention the DNS
should response error with error.
Certainly correct, and I completely agree that such a server is not following the DNS RFCs. However, I was specially asking how this protocol violation is "breaking the basic functionity of DNS".

According to RFC 2616, the BNF for Host header is as follows:

    Host = "Host" ":" host [ ":" port ]

And "host" is adopted from RFC 2396,
Ah, I see. That was not clear to me, as section 14.23 refers to
section 3.2.2 only, which does not refer further (although 3.2.1
does, which I missed).

Regards,
Martin