Re: [idn] IDN examples for testing

From RFC 1034:

"4.3.3.
Wildcards
In the previous algorithm, special treatment was given to RRs with owner names starting with the label "*". Such RRs are called wildcards. Wildcard RRs can be thought of as instructions for synthesizing RRs. "

From the IAB comment on Verisign's implementation of IDN :

"5] The system deployed for .com and .net does not follow the specification for targets not in a zone. Instead, it examines the target and decides whether to give the specified negative response or a synthesized record based on whether the target contains a code point above 127. This is a violation of the DNS protocol as described in RFC 2308, Section 2.1. While it is possible within the DNS protocol to include *wildcard records* which cover all queries not otherwise specified by a zone, this is not what VeriSign has done." (emphasis added)

(see http://www.icann.org/correspondence/iab-message-to-lynn-25jan03.htm)

I see no breakage here.

Bill Semich