Re: Proposed "Last Call" version of draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines [ Corrected, for the 2nd time ]

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 08:36:45AM -0500, David B Harrington wrote:

> If we want to put this in at all, then I prefer Dave's proposed text
> to Juergen's, since Dave's make it seem more exceptional.
> "inherently IPv4-centric" is too ambiguous.

(D) The IpAddress type MAY be used in cases where the
    object is inherently IPv4-specific and is either
    a scalar or appears in a table which is only applicable
    to IPv4.

(J) The IpAddress type MAY be used in cases where the
    object is inherently IPv4-specific.

So what about this:

(S) The IpAddress type MAY be used in cases where the
    object is inherently IPv4-specific and only applicable
    to IPv4.

My main point was that talking about scalars and tables does not add
value and creates a special case for accessible-for-notify objects
which I think does not make sense and was probably not the intention.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany