RE: Demoting rfc2223bis to an informative reference

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, David B Harrington wrote:
> I disagree with trying to demote [rfc2223bis] to an informative
> reference by making a web page the normative reference.

While I share your discomfort with making the web pages normative,
the fact is that http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt and
http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html -- not RFC 2223bis -- set the
requirements for Internet-Drafts, and the review guidelines apply to
Internet-Drafts, not RFCs (which are the subject matter of RFC
2223bis).  So this demotion is really just an acknowledgment of the
existing reality.

Mike