Agenda for Vienna

Ok, so me, Sean and Randy have been discussing a possible agenda for Vienna. We tried to incorporate as much of the views as possible. Our suggestion is as follows :

1. We schedule two sessions.

2. The first session is early in the week, and have one topic. The proposals that have then been made formally to the IETF will each get around five minutes. Each presenter will be a member of a "panel". The working-group and the other presenters are allowed to ask questions on the proposals and try and better understand the proposals.

3. The second session will be scheduled later in the week. This will concentrate on the two main proposals that are currently being worked on. Those being loc/id which seems to be the main one, and host based solutions. This session would be started off with an overview of the status on this, and perhaps a summary of the earlier session.

So to elaborate a bit. The first session is not meant to be a "survivor wins" session; and that will put some work on the chairs. It's intention is to give a clearer picture of the proposals. The main reason for the first session would be to allow discussions around the proposals in the hallways, leading up to the next session (so we will try and have a few days in between). The first session is also not mean to be q "qualifying" session for the second one. To me (and from what I read on the list - most others) it is very clear that there is only two real solutions being worked on at the moment. I also want to point out that the WG sessions are not there for a full presentation of the proposals - You are supposed to read the drafts :-) ; which means that you need to submit the drafts. As for members of the panel, I would personally not want to see several similar proposals being presented, but there aren't that many out there anyway so this should not be an issue.

The second session is meant to be an opportunity to dig more into what we think are required of each of the solutions; what the issues are; ways forward. As has been said a number of times on this list by Vienna we need to have a lot of basic issues sorted out by Vienna.

As I see it at the moment I would schedule 1h for the first session and 2h for the second one.

Last, I guess one of the questions will be "why the first session?". The intent is only that a better understanding of other proposals will help us with more ideas. I don't see the main track changing unless all of a sudden a large part of the working group change their minds.

I will leave this a few days for comments and then go ahead and make the request to the secretariat. We would like to do this as quick as possible though. And I hope that there isn't to many issues with this proposal.

Best regards,

- kurtis -