Re: tunneling [Was: Agenda for Vienna]

, so I shouldn't have used the R-word. The point is to focus on what
we can meaningfully do now to address certain scenarios, and what
(architecture-wise) we would like to work on longer term. Multi-addressing
can be tackled now for some scenarios, in particular the SOHO/SME v6 networks
which will account for a big chunk of all v6 networks. We have many of the
pieces we need.
In many cases I would assume that we even don't have to do anything, or very little for multiaddressing to work. AMS-IX are already running their services in this fashion....

I don't see that it needs a spin-off WG, but if that gets us some focus
that we otherwise will not get in multi6, it's worth considering, in which
case we'd want a BoF slot for a multi-addressing charter bashing in Vienna.
I seriously think that having multiple WGs working on the same problem is a mistake.

We have two sessions. Multi-addressing and loc/id seem to be the two main
consensus topics to work on?

Yes. And I hope that we will have both discussed at the first session and then continue this at the second session (that is with focus on the architecture at the second session).

- kurtis -