RE: Fwd: Minutes / Notes

Hi Pekka,

[...]

> However, I also think that one must apply some reason here.  For example,
> if you have have tunnels from two access routers to two ISP's ("site exit
> routers approach"), I don't think you have to care about connection
> survivability that much.
>
> ISPs' networks don't crash every other day (if they do, change the ISPs;
> we just can't design protocols to work around broken operational
> practices: that's going to fail, no matter what).  Might happen a couple
> of times during the year, at most, but I'm not convinced that's
> necessarily a huge problem.

Do you think that this is an acceptable solution fo very small sites?
I mean, suppose an scenario where very small site multihoming becomes very
frequent, so the number of those sites is very high.
site Exit router approach requires manual configuration of the tunnels by
both ISPs, so do you think that isps will be willing to do this for very
small sites?

An complementary approach would be to use some sort of tunnel broker so that
the site itself could configure its own tunnels, so the isps operators do
not have to deal with this, what do you think?

Regards, marcelo